Why might a customised order take longer to receive than a standard product?
1. The product is customised for you:
If you have ordered a product with customisation, be it a name and number of a player in the squad or a name and number of your choice, know that in both cases the product is made especially for you!
2. The product is partially handmade
This means that, as soon as we receive your order, our operators take the jersey in your size and manually apply the customisation of your choice with the help of special presses.
3. Processing times are longer than a standard product
Applying letters, names and numbers and passing AS Roma's careful quality control is a long and meticulous process that requires a great deal of experience and an equal amount of attention to detail. Making your customised jersey therefore requires a long process of making, waiting and checking, which slows down the time it takes for your jersey to be delivered to the courier.
4. From printing to your home: how long does it take?
In normal times, your shirt can be made and delivered to the courier within 48 hours of your order. However, at peak times such as pre-sales, Black Friday, the Christmas period, sales, the launch of new jerseys or the announcement of new players, the time can be considerably longer. This is caused by a twofold factor: the customisation management time and the jersey procurement time.
If you have ordered a customised jersey and your order is delayed because we are in one of the peak periods mentioned in this article, we ask for a little extra patience.
- If you have not yet received confirmation that your shirt has been dispatched 30 days after your order, please contact our customer service team, who will be able to provide you with precise information on the status of your order.
- If you would like a full refund for your order, please carry out a return procedure.
Thank you for your understanding!